This recipe is from Grace, who writes, "This is so quick & easy to make, & yet it's delicious! This is my go-to recipe every time we have people over for dinner, & everyone asks for the recipe. You can also assemble it 24 hours in advance, put it in the fridge, & then bake if you want to prepare ahead."
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, or my husband prefers Italian sausage)
- 1 container sour cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 jar pasta sauce (you can pick what kind... I usually go for a mushroom or basil sauce)
- 1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles
The Directions:Brown meat in skillet, then add pasta sauce. Heat to a slow simmer, then turn off heat. In 9z13 dish, spread a little of the meat sauce to the bottom of the dish, then place noodles in a single layer across pan. Spoon dollops of sour cream all over the noodles. Sprinkle some of each cheese on top of sour cream. Then add 1 cup of meat sauce, noodles, sour cream, then cheese again. Repeat for 3 layers (or until you reach the top of the 9x13 dish) & finish with meat sauce.
Cover with foil & bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil & bake another 15 minutes. Serve with salad & garlic bread! :)