Here it is... the fabulous Great Recipe Post of 2014! Thanks so much for sharing your tastiness with us!
Saltine Toffee Bark (from Margaret B)
- 50 saltine crackers (approximately)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup topping - M&M's, sliced almonds, sea salt, or anything you like
Instructions:Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9x13 jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray & line pan completely with saltine crackers. You may have to break some in half to fit, but try to fill the pan.
Place butter & sugar in a medium pot over low-medium/low heat. Stir until butter is melted. Once melted, bring to boil for exactly 3 minutes. Stir constantly. Once it's nice & bubbly, remove pan from heat & pour evenly over saltine crackers. Spread mixture with a knife... however, it doesn't have to be perfect. Try to move fast during this part so the toffee doesn't harden.
Place pan in oven & bake for 7-8 minutes. The toffee mixture will spread evenly over the crackers as it bakes. Remove pan from oven & then sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the toffee while it's still hot. Let the chocolate chips melt for a few minutes & then spread all over the toffee with a spatula.
Sprinkle topping on top & then place in fridge for 30 minutes. Once chocolate has hardened, break pieces off the foil & store for up to 2 weeks
Potato Salad (from Jenine A)
- 10 lbs russet potatoes
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup dill relish or large dill pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 can black olives, chopped
- 3/4 jar real mayonnaise (more if necessary)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp salt
Instructions:Boil potatoes about 45 minutes, then cool completely. Peel & chop potatoes into large chunks. Chop & pour all ingredients onto potatoes; mix well.
Lemon Icebox Pie or Dip (from Emily W)
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup lemon juice (adjust depending on how strong you want lemon flavor to be)
- graham cracker crust, if making a pie
- graham cracker quarters, if making a dip
Instructions:Whip cream until stiff. Stir in condensed milk & lemon juice. Pour into crust or bowl & chill. If prepared as a dip, serve with graham cracker quarters.
Fudge (from Jayla V)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
Instructions:Mix milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar & salt in heavy pan. Cook at medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat & add vanilla extract. Pour into mixing bowl; add cocoa & confectioners sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth & thick. Pour into buttered pan & freeze 20 minutes. Cut into pieces. Makes 1 pound of fudge.
Easy Egg Casserole (from Becca H)
- 6-10 eggs, beaten
- 6-8 slices of bread, leftover hotdog buns, etc, torn into pieces
**if you use more eggs, use more bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 - 9oz Jimmy Dean precooked sausage
- salt to taste (approximately 1 tsp)
Instructions:Night before: Pour eggs, milk & salt in 9x13 casserole dish. Add torn pieces of bread. Stir. Add cheese & sausage. Stir. Cover & refrigerate overnight.
Next morning: Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. When knife comes out clean in center, eggs are done.
Vegan Banana Bread (from Jamie L)
- 4 medium ripe or over-ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup coconut oil or sunflower oil (more oil results in softer texture)
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt (optional)
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan with coconut oil. Mash bananas well or puree them with hand blender. Add oil, sugar & vanilla to banana & blend well. Sieve flour with baking soda & baking powder. Fold sieved flour very well (this folding step is important because you want the bread to be evenly mixed). Add sunflower seeds (optional).
Pour bread mixture into pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Leftovers can be stored at room temperature or chilled. If stored in fridge, warm before serving.
Buffalo Dip (from Kassi A)
- 8 oz cream cheese, farmer's or neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or low-fat sour cream)
- 1.5 tbsp spicy ranch dry salad dressing & seasoning mix (or regular ranch dry mix)
- 1/2 cup wing sauce (more or less depending on desired heat)
- 1.5 cup chicken, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or blue cheese)
Instructions:Place chicken in slow cooker with buffalo sauce. Cook until chicken can be shredded. Once shredded, add all other ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
Cook in slow cooker until creamy & then spoon into baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese (or blue cheese), then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with veggies or chips.