Stir Fry Ingredients2 cups white rice
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs, sliced thin, OR 1/2 lb shrimp, OR 1/2 lb fish, OR all three!
1 package snow peas
1/2 cup green bell peppers, sliced
1/2 cup red bell peppers, sliced
1/2 cup sliced onion or can use green onions (if you use green onions add near end of cooking)
1-2 cups broccoli slaw or 1 cup broccoli florets (if not using slaw)
1/2 cup carrots. sliced on bias (if not using slaw)
Stir fry sauce (recipe below)
- Place 2 cups white rice in rice cooker with 3 1/2 cups water and turn on. (Or prepare conventionally on stove top according to directions on package.)
- Heat oil in wok or skillet, add protein of choice until cooked. Set aside.
- Cook vegetables on medium to medium high setting in oil starting with onion, carrots, then add broccoli, peppers and snow peas until tender. If using broccoli slaw instead of sliced carrots and broccoli florets, add slaw last after other vegetables are slightly tender. (Slaw cooks faster.)
- Add vegetables to protein and add stir fry sauce. Cook for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve over white rice.
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients(AUTHOR: Tastes Lovely)
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten free)
1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth if vegan)
1 Tbsp corn starch (or arrow root)
1 Tbsp honey (or agave nectar if vegan)
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely minced (or 1 Tbsp ginger paste in a squeeze tube, or 1 Tbsp ground powdered ginger)
2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
* Note: can add 1 - 2 Tbsp brown sugar if you want it sweeter
Mix together and keep in jar in fridge for a week. Shake before using.