Below is one of the recipes we enjoyed at the MNO cooking class hosted by Sonia. Look for the other recipes in upcoming editions of Tasty Tuesday.
I've got to be honest with you... I am not a seafood lover. My favorite part of a seafood platter is usually the hush puppies. But these tacos are absolutely scrumptious! Both the shrimp and fish tacos are wonderfully delicious and quite easy to make. Try something new with your family on your next Taco Tuesday and make Sonia's awesome tacos!!!
Ingredients1 lb frozen or fresh shrimp, deveined with tail off
4 fillets of mahimahi or swai (any firm white fish works well), cut into same sized pieces as shrimp
2 Tbsp "Emeril's Original Essence" seasoning, or for more kick use Old Bay seasoning
1 bag flour tortillas (fajita or taco size)
1 bag broccoli slaw
1-3 Tbsp light mayo (or Greek yogurt) depending on if using half or whole bag broccoli slaw
Splash of white vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put thawed shrimp in bowl and sprinkle with Essence and toss, then return to fridge to marinate for 1 hour more. Repeat same process for fish pieces.
- Empty broccoli slaw in bowl, use half of bag if just using for tacos and not a side dish.
- Add mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper and lime and toss. (Should be wet but not drenched in mayo.) Cover and return to fridge until serving.
- Heat skillet or griddle to medium/medium high and add 1-2 T olive oil. When heated, add shrimp and fish, adding more seasoning if you want more kick. Cook until shrimp is no longer opaque and fish is flaky white. (This takes around 7 mins.)
- Heat tortillas in microwave wrapped in damp towel. When ready, add cooked shrimp and/or fish, top with broccoli slaw, squeeze a wedge of lime on top of taco and enjoy!