- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 14oz can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- No-boil lasagna noodles
In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese & 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
In another bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella & parmesan cheese. Put in fridge for later.
Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture in your crockpot, covering the bottom fully. Break 3 lasagna noodle sheets in half & arrange until beef mixture is covered. Add half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer of each & finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
Cover slow cooker & cook on low for 4-6 hours. Turn off heat. Sprinkle the parmesan/mozzarella mixture on top of lasagna. Cover until cheese melts & lasagna firms up a little, about 10 mins.