At Anderson MOPS, we do everything we can (literally, like, EVERYTHING) to keep our expenses as low as possible. But we do need your financial support.
2013-14 annual dues = $60
(Breakdown: $23.95 to MOPS Int'l + $4 per meeting for 9 meetings)
What are your local dues going toward, you ask?
- safe, reliable childcare so you can enjoy the meetings without chasing your toddler... not that chasing your toddler's not fun & all. & also, it's the same price whether you have 1 kiddo or 17.
- crafty crafts... even for the craft-challenged among us, those little pretties we make during the meetings are just kinda awesome.
- all those fabulous raffle prizes & giveaways... nothing makes a meeting more fun than walking away with a little gift certificate or cute surprise!
- meeting supplies... handouts, kitchen supplies, cute centerpieces, favors, the thank you gifts for our kind speakers, the childcare labels. These things seem rather small, but they definitely add up!
And did you know that we pay dues to MOPS International for each member? Yep, it's true. In order to be an official MOPS chapter & support the international organization, we pay an annual membership fee of $23.95 per member.
I know, $60 is a lot of money for most of us. But we have a couple of options to make it as painless as possible...
Option #1: Pay per SemesterPay $30 now & $30 again in January.
Option #2: Pay per YearPay $60 now & get it over with. This covers everything for the entire year & you don't have to worry about it again until next September!
And now you may have questions...
- When is my money due?
Your membership dues are due at the Sept 12th or Oct 10th meeting.
- How do I pay?
Dues can be paid at the registration table at the Sept or Oct meetings. Checks should be made payable to "Anderson MOPS."
- What if I don't join MOPS until after October 10th?
If you join us after the October meeting, please let Melissa (our treasurer) know & she'll work out a prorated amount.
- What if I miss a meeting & I've already paid?
We hope you won't have to miss a meeting, but all moms know that sometimes kids wake up sick or things just kinda fall apart (beautiful mess, anyone?). When you pay your dues, your contribution is immediately put toward the costs of making our meetings fabulous. We can't give refunds for missed meetings, but please know that we'll miss you!
- What if I really, really want to join MOPS, but my family just can't afford it?
Please know that money should not keep you from coming to MOPS! If money is an issue, we'll figure out how to make it work.... we have scholarships available if the fees are just not possible for your family. Please talk to us & let us help!
- Why should I want to support MOPS International?
Because you & I & all moms are worth investing in! Through MOPS membership, you make it possible for moms all around the world to get the support & encouragement of MOPS. We are part of a community of moms doing life together & supporting MOPS Int'l makes this possible. Together we're reaching 90,000+ moms & truly creating better moms who make a better world. And it wouldn't be happening without the help of mamas like you!
Oh, & also you get fun stuff from MOPS Int'l... a super-cute reusable bag with the MOPS logo, a DVD featuring Boz the Bear for your littles, & a subscription to MomSense magazine!
mops welcome package!