- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears of fresh corn)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, green & white parts finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- tortilla chips
Melt remaining tbsp of butter in skillet. Add onions & bell peppers & cook, stirring often, until onions are wilted, about 2 mins. Add green onions, jalapeno & garlic & cook, stirring often, for 2 mins or until vegetables are softened. Transfer to bowl with corn.
Add mayonnaise, 1/2 of the cheese & cayenne to the corn mixture & stir well. Pour into 8-inch square baking dish & sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Bake until bubbly & golden brown, about 10-12 mins. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.