Roasted Corn on the Cob... this is the easiest way to cook corn EVER. And it's delicious. Trust me. :)
- 1-2 ears of corn for each person, still in their husks
The Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line ears of corn up on a baking sheet & put in oven for 30-40 minutes (when you smell it & the husks start to look crispy, it's done). Allow to cool & shuck... the husks & silks will peel off easily. Enjoy!
Sweet Baby CarrotsEasy & kids love 'em!
- 1 lb baby carrots, uncooked
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp canola oil or 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- pinch of salt
The Directions:Boil carrots in medium saucepan until tender. Drain. Pour orange juice over carrots & toss. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in butter or oil, brown sugar & salt. Cook while stirring until salt & sugar are dissolved into a syrup.
Roasted Broccoli... it's been called the best broccoli you'll ever eat! You be the judge :)
- 1 large bunch of fresh broccoli (or more, if you have a big family)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt (sea salt is preferred)
- grated cheese (optional)