Try a patriotic parfait... it's pretty, it's tasty & it's actually kinda good for you!
- 8 oz vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups raspberries &/or cut-up strawberries
- 3 cups blueberries
There's just something summery & fun about kabobs... & you can arrange these
on your platter to make an edible American flag!
- large marshmallows &/or
- bananas, cut into large slices
- strawberries, cut in half
- chocolate syrup
Assemble kabobs. Serve with chocolate syrup. YUM.
And finally, we have Strawberry Shortcake... fun, easy & you can stick some sparklers in it just to make things exciting!
- 1 yellow or shortcake cake mix
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries, quartered
The Directions:Prepare cake according to package directions & bake in 9x13 pan. Cool completely.
Frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the corner, & arrange slicked strawberries as stripes to make an American flag. Chill until ready to serve.