We were excited to welcome Rozalynn Goodwin as our speaker this month. A very successful businesswoman & entrepreneur, Rozalynn talked about balancing the demands of her professional life with her role as mother & wife. She shared her personal journey of the last year & how she has learned (& is still learning) to find the significance in the everyday moments. Recently someone asked "So how do you do it all?" Her answer: I don't.
On her blog, Spit Up on my Blazer, Rozalynn writes:
"I am in a constant state of rebalancing -- adjusting commitments to best meet the needs of my first priority, my family. I've stepped down from various positions to help create the right work-life blend. Not to mention how many times I've said "no" or "not now" to opportunities. No one can "do it all" or "have it all," at least not all at the same time." (click here for full post)
As mothers, we all make personal & professional sacrifices. It's part of being a mom. We may find ourselves feeling discontent or unsettled or insecure with where we are in life. Or we may have a birthday & suddenly feel panicked because we're "getting old" & we just haven't accomplished enough.
Rozalynn reminded us that there is beauty in the seemingly mundane motherhood moments.. that there is opportunity that we may not even be tapping into. There are seasons of life -- & as mothers of young children, we are in a season of nurturing & developing others. There is joy & peace in submitting to your season... embracing where you are & seeing the significance of those small moments.
Mark your Calendars!
- MOPS on the Town (MOTT) - Thurs, Oct 23 at 10am. We're heading to the Hardy Berry Farm & Play Patch again this year! The cost is $10 per family, & this includes admission, a baby pumpkin & a hayride. There will be tons of fun activities for the kids, including a corn maze, animals, go-carts & a giant jump pillow. It's sure to be a great time! (Address: 232 Strawberry Road Anderson SC 29626)
- Moms Night Out (MNO) - Fri, Oct 17 at 7pm. Pamela S, one of our lovely Steering Team members, will be hosting a dessert & game night. Please come for a chance to get to know some mamas better in a small group setting!
- The Tupperware fundraiser & fall wreath raffle went really well... thanks so much to all of you who participated! Every little fundraising dollar counts to keep our Anderson MOPS up & running & we truly appreciate your help!
- REMINDER: Please bring diapers (sizes 4 & 5) & wipes to our November 13th meeting. As we head into the season of giving, we are excited about using our November meeting as an opportunity to show generosity to the Anderson Care Pregnancy Clinic!
- Sign-ups are happening for family fall photos! Sessions are $40 for a 30-minute session & a CD of edited images. Please contact Margaret if you would like to sign up.