We had these cookies at our Steering Team meeting this past month & they were a huge hit... my husband was so disappointed when he got up the next morning & found that I *might* have eaten all the leftovers the night before :)
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella (refrigerated)
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt for sprinkling
With an electric mixer, mix butter & sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla & yogurt until combined. Add dry ingredients slowly & beat on low speed just until combined. Gently fold in all chocolate chips.
Chill dough & Nutella for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once dough is chilled, measure about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough & roll into a ball. (Learn from my mistake... take your dough out of the fridge in sections. Otherwise, it'll get too warm & you'll have pancakes instead of round cookies like the picture.) Flatten the dough very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle & fold dough around it. Gently roll into a ball (but it doesn't have to be perfectly round). Make sure the Nutella isn't visible... add more dough if necessary. Place dough balls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart & flatten the top very gently with your hand.
Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sea or kosher salt.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
**Click here for original recipe.