It's a simple equation, really:
giant marshmallows + chocolate + sprinkles + cute papers & cello bags & such = LOVE!
What you need:
- giant marshmallows
- chocolate... "melting wafers" work best. Available at most grocery stores on the baking aisle.
- toppings... suggestions include sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or other small candies
- lollipop sticks or festive paper straws
- embellishments... suggestions include cupcake papers, cellophane bags, paper tags, ribbons
- wax paper or a plate... somewhere to place your pops while they dry
Pour your toppings into small bowls & line up all your ingredients in an assembly line... once you melt your chocolate, you want to be ready to dip!
Once everything is ready to go, melt your chocolate according to the instructions on the package.
Dip a marshmallow into the melted chocolate. Then immediately dip your chocolate-dipped marshmallow into your topping. Place your marshmallow bottom-side-down on the wax paper or plate to harden.
Dip & decorate all your marshmallows & place them bottom-side-down on the plate or wax paper. Then put them in the refrigerator to set quickly.
Meanwhile, cut or tear little slits in the bottom of each cupcake paper. Once your marshmallows are completely dry, insert a lollipop stick or paper straw into the bottom of each marshmallow. Slide the cupcake paper up the straw until it fits around the bottom side of the marshmallow. Add any other desired embellishments... put in a cellophane bag & tie with ribbon. Add a paper tag for optimal cuteness!
Check out these other ideas:
For a different look, use decorative paper straws instead of lollipop sticks:
Marshmallow pops can also do double duty as Easter decorations & treats!
Or check out these super-cute marshmallow pops for a goldfish-themed birthday party... would also be great for a summer pool party!