Please send your favorite recipes to me at email@example.com or via facebook, & I'll put them in the line-up to be highlighted on "Tasty Tuesday"!
This week's recipe for Slow Cooker Taco Soup is from the kitchen of Emily. Looks super-yum for a chilly fall evening!
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomatoes & chiles
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey (optional)
- shredded cheese & sour cream for toppings
Brown meat. Drain fat & add meat to crockpot. Sprinkle taco & ranch seasoning packets on top of meat. Drain & rinse beans, then add to crockpot. Add UNDRAINED corn & tomatoes to crockpot. Stir.
Cover & cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5. The longer you cook it, the better it tastes, so opt for the "low for 8-10 hrs" if possible. Stir well & serve with shredded cheese & a dollop of sour cream.
(click here for original source)