Whether you missed out on our September kick-off meeting or have just developed a case of mom-brain and can't remember every AMAZING minute, here's the lowdown on the first MOPS meeting of the year:
Introductions & Announcements
Anita led us in prayer and provided a warm welcome to all of the moms: "Our hope is that you leave this building feeling loved and encouraged." Click here to watch the video - featuring members of the steering team - that explained a bit about this year's theme, "We are the Starry-Eyed".
Jan Gropp, Abbey Gropp's mother-in-law, comes to us by way of Chicago, IL, where her husband served as pastor to a church. This is her second year as a MOPS Mentor Mom.
Mandy Smith is from Anderson. Married 46 years, she has two sons and four grandsons. She is a former teacher and a current member of Boulevard Baptist.
We are so thankful to have these two experienced moms as a part of our group!
Discussion Group Leader (DGLs)
Table 1: Brittany Kephart Table 2: Samantha LeMonds
Table 6: Ashley Bailey Table 7: Sarah Rettew
Moppets Procedure Reminders
Free-Cycle & Scholarships
- Got stuff you think someone else might want? Bring it to our free-cycle table. Leftover clothes and toys will go to the consignment sale in the spring, but if you bring anything else and it is still there after the meeting, please take it with you :)
- If you would like to sponsor a MOPS membership for another mom, contact Katie Bell: email@example.com
***Mark Your Calendars!***
- Photo Fundraiser Saturday, October 15th with Margaret Berry. Great for Christmas card photos!
- November 12th Waffle Breakfast fundraiser at Boulevard
- September MOPS on the Town: Chick-Fil-A Backstage Tour, Tuesday 9/20 at 9 a.m.
- September Moms Night Out: Yogurt Mountain, Tuesday 9/27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Women's book study of Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst led by Abbey- meeting times TBA
DevotionStay tuned for a separate post "devoted" to September's devotion from Sarah.
CraftThis month's craft was a "Today is Wonderful Because..." frame. Check out this lovely example:
This video, provided by MOPS International, featured author Leena Tankersley who, in a way that was both honest and hilarious, reminded us moms to be kinder to ourselves. Why do we squeeze ourselves into pants that don't fit us? she asked. Why do we insist on making ourselves uncomfortable in order to appear like we have it all together, like we are the same women, with the same bodies, that we were before we had children? She referenced the "toxic voices" in our heads that tell us all the time that we aren't good enough, that we are failing. But we can talk back to those voices, she tells us. We can learn to receive kindness from others and to be kind to ourselves.
"Becoming Familiar With Kindness" Video
Until next time, ladies!