- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin or flank beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 oz fresh snow peas
- 1 lb fresh asparagus or broccoli
- any other veggie your family likes (squash, zucchini, bell peppers, baby corn, carrots, etc)
- rice or noodles, cooked
Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a large bowl; stir in garlic & 1 tbsp oil. Add meat & toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes (or overnight for maximum flavor).
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the beef. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until no longer pink (don't overcook to avoid making the beef tough). Remove from pan. Repeat with rest of beef.
In same pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms & onion. Cook while stirring until mushrooms are tender. Add snow peas & other veggies; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir remaining soy sauce mixture & add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook & stir 1-2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan & stir until heated through.
Serve with rice or noodles.