Here's the tutorial if you'd like to make these little lovelies at home:
What you need:
- Clear glass ornaments
- Glitter (extra-fine is recommended)
- Floor cleaner such as Mop-N-Glow or Favor
- Stickers, vinyl cut-outs, paint pens or Sharpies for decorating (optional)
- Ribbon for hanging (optional)
- Remove cap from ornament and pour a small amount of floor cleaner inside... a tablespoon or two should do it. You may need a funnel for this step, or you can just wing it.
- Swish the cleaner around until the inside of the ornament is completely coated. Then pour the excess cleaner out. (Try to avoid bubbles if possible.)
- Pour your glitter into the ornament & shake it all around until the entire inside is coated in sparkly beauty. Just put a bunch of glitter, cover the opening with your finger & shake... you can always add more glitter if needed. Then dump your excess glitter back into the glitter container, taking care to swivel the ornament around so that you get all the extra glitter out... you don't want a layer of glitter sitting in the bottom of the ornament while it's hanging on the tree.
- Replace the ornament cap & decorate as desired, or not at all. If you'd like, you can tie a ribbon around the ornament cap &/or loop it through the wire to hang your glitter ornament. Enjoy!
One of our MOPS mamas has already made a few of these at home... she used a square ornament instead the classic round & I love it! Thanks for sharing, Jeanie!