- 4 oz uncooked ziti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
The Directions:Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add squash, zucchini & onion; saute 5 minutes. Add tomato & garlic; saute for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, herbs, 1/2 tsp salt & pepper.
Combine ricotta, remaining salt & egg. Stir into pasta mixture. Spray 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray & spoon pasta/ricotta mixture into dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly & browned.